Ridge Crossing Shooting Club is open to all shooters interested in shooting sports. We do not offer Club Memberships at this time, but we are open to the public Friday & Saturday 10am – dark and Sunday 1pm – dark. Although, as an IDPA affiliated club we recruit shooters to join IDPA. All shooters are welcome to shoot one match without IDPA membership. For shooters wanting to continue shooting with us, IDPA membership is a requirement.
Annual IDPA dues are $40. Membership includes being able to shoot at any IDPA affiliated club match anywhere, shooting in Regional and State Matches, and eligibility for the National Competition, also receiving a quarterly IDPA publication – The Tactical Journal – a membership packet with an IDPA hat, membership card, classification card, and the chance to meet shooters from across the nation and possibly from around the world. RCSC can sign you up through the range and process your paperwork for you.
RCSC is an IDPA affiliated club. IDPA – International Defensive Pistol Association – uses practical equipment in scenarios set up to mimic real world encounters. Practical handguns and holsters are a requirement – no competition only gear.
The IDPA Principles cited in the IDPA Rule Book effective April 15, 2005 are as follows:
- Promote safe and proficient use of guns and equipment suitable for self-defense.
- Provide a level playing field for all competitors to test the skill and ability of each individual, not equipment or gamesmanship.
- Provide separate divisions for equipment and classifications for shooters, such that guns with similar characteristics are grouped together and people with similar skills compete against each other.
- Provide shooters with practical and realistic courses of fire that simulate potentially life-threatening encounters.
- Offer a practical shooting sport responsive to the shooters and sponsors, with unprecedented stability of equipment rules.
- Offer a practical shooting sport that allows competitors to concentrate on developing skills and fellowship with like-minded shooters.
Learn more about IDPA.
Match Rates (Non-State Matches)
Adults: $12 to Shoot
Juniors (18 and Under) $8
Non IDPA Members
Adults: $15 to Shoot
Juniors (18 and Under) $8
When arriving at the Range everyone must complete a Waiver Release Form.
All minors are to be accompanied by an adult.
The range welcomes all shooters, spectators, anyone interested in participating in the shooting sports.
This addresses and expands the COLD RANGE rule at Ridge Crossing Shooting Club:
COLD RANGE means no ammo or ammo carrier in the pistol. When you arrive you should gear up at your vehicle.
Gear up meaning you put your belt, holster, and magazine holders on at your car, and your unloaded pistol in the holster.
After holstering your pistol at your car and you have proceeded to the sign in area you can not handle your pistol, take it out of your holster, or take any other weapons out of your range bag.
If you do not gear up and holster your pistol at your car, a safety officer will go with you to a designated safe area in order for you to gear up for the match.
Eye & ear protection are required!
RCSC is a COLD RANGE – no loaded weapons are allowed except on the firing line under the instruction of a Safety Officer or Match Director.
All fired rounds must strike the berm within the Safe Muzzle Points. Safe Muzzle Points are indicated in each shooting bay.
Shooters must be of legal standing for use and possession of firearms within applicable laws and legal parameters.